We are looking for a precision CNC Setter/Operator with turning experience, to join our team. Ideally you will have multi-machine experience within a production environment.
Mazak knowledge would be preferred, but other systems will be considered, and training can be provided. You will be responsible for Programming, Setting and Operating Mazak Quick Turn machines.
You must be able to produce precision engineered components and work to tight tolerances.
Essential role & requirements:
- Be a time served CNC turner with at least 5 years of turning experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in programming CNC machines, Mazak knowledge would be preferred, but other systems will be considered and training can be provided.
- Strong understanding of CNC programming languages and the ability to modify programs as needed.
- Good understanding of tool setting (standard/driven).
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings and work with precision tolerances.
- Great communication skills.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Candidate needs to be flexible to suit the business needs.
- Able to integrate with a forward-thinking team of engineers.
- Use your own initiative and be able to problem solve.
- Be able to use measuring equipment.
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
- Keep work area tidy and organised.
- Full time hours over 4 days/week 06.30am - 4.45pm (Mon-Wed) 06.30am -16.30pm (Thurs)
- Overtime on Friday if required
Please apply in writing, including full CV, current salary and availability
Richard Berryman, Production Director