Like many other successful companies, at Teagle we are continually looking for ways to exceed our customers' expectations.
It is essential that members of our team are enthusiastic, motivated and able to communicate effectively. We seek creativity, a passion for getting involved and a focus on providing outstanding customer service.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please download a Job Application Form or call us to request a paper copy or discuss the advertised positions.
Machinist Manufacturing Apprentice
- Teagle are looking to start the successful apprentices with plans to progress and retain their next generation of internal engineers.
- Designing and building the internationally known equipment for the Agricultural industry.
Additional Information - Training Provided
- Using mathematical techniques, algebraic expressions, formulae and calculation to understand the machining and manufacturing processes such as speeds and feeds, calculating angles/tapers, material removal
- Understanding the structure, properties and characteristics of common materials used in the manufacture of machined components
- Understanding the practical and theoretical uses of the machines used, and their applications.
- Understanding the workholding devices, cutting tools, and setting up procedures, in adequate depth to provide a sound basis for carrying out the activities, correcting faults and ensuring the work output is to the required specification
- Understanding the typical problems that can occur during the machining process and how they can be resolved
- Determine the most efficient and effective approach to machine the component using a range of tools, machining process and techniques
- Complying with statutory, quality, organisational and health and safety regulations while carrying out manufacturing techniques
- Reading and interpreting engineering data: reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and computer generated information in order to determine what has to be produced and to what specification
- Obtaining, checking and using the appropriate documentation (such as job instructions, drawings, quality control documentation)
- Obtaining, checking and using the appropriate materials, tools, equipment and consumables required
- Selecting and setting up the correct tooling and work holding devices
- Setting and adjusting the machine operating parameters to produce the work pieces to the required specification. This will involve setting feeds and speeds for roughing and finishing operations
- Selecting and using a range of measuring and testing equipment to check components are to the required quality and accuracy
- Business improvement techniques : recommending and contributing to the designing and implementation of new or revised manufacturing processes, procedures or ways of working in order to be more efficient and cost effective
- Producing complex and specialist components as a one off test and trial work piece and/or producing components in small or large batches
- Employer tailored skills as required such as undertaking equipment/asset care and/or Preventative Planned Maintenance processes and procedures
For more information and how to apply visit-
Teagle is able to offer a comprehensive training programme for students wishing to gain experience of design and manufacturing of agricultural implements. Whilst on placement with the company you will gain experience in a number of departments covering product design, manufacturing techniques and management and sales. During your time with the company you will be expected to complete a manufacturing systems project and be involved in a specific product design and development project.
We can offer placements of up to 15 months to match the requirements of students on all engineering courses
Starting Date - Next available placement July 2018 onwards.
Please apply for the placement with a full CV.
Call Duncan Wilson on 01872 562365 or email email@example.com
Teagle are an equal opportunities employer.